Caroline Baasch describes herself as a creative; a visual story-teller and an artist. She grew up on a sugar cane farm in South Africa – roaming free, doting on her pets and all other creatures and spending hours alternately playing in the mud and making flower fairies. These imprints from her childhood and life in Africa fuelled her creative side and led to her current career as an artist.
Caroline has always been in the creative world, starting with a degree in Journalism and Theatre Arts at Rhodes University in South Africa. Her work life in South Africa was mainly spent doing design work in the newspaper industry. She moved to Canada 30 years ago and re-trained as an ESL teacher. “The problem was, I was having more fun designing worksheets than I was teaching!”
Caroline has always been drawn to her love of colour, design, pattern and flowers and a need to express something that reflected both her free and adventurous life growing up on a farm in South Africa and the vast magnificence of the landscape in Canada.
She is currently an Active Member of the Federation of Canadian Artists (FCA), the Fraser Valley Chapter of the FCA and the South Surrey White Rock Art Society (SSWRAS). Caroline welcomes commissions.
– SSWRAS: April 2019 Turnbull Gallery, South Surrey. ”Spring 2019 Art Show”
– SSWRAS: December 2019 Turnbull Gallery, South Surrey. “Group of Ten” Show
– FCA: April 2020 Federation Gallery, Granville Island, Vancouver. “Bloom”
– FCA (Fraser Valley Chapter) April 2020 Canadian Pacific Gallery, Port Moody. “Pushing the Boundaries” (2nd place award)
– Landmark Pop-Uptown Gallery: October 2020 White Rock, BC. “Bold and Beautiful”
– SSWRAS: December 2020 Landmark Pop-Uptown Gallery
– FCA: March 2021 Federation Gallery, Granville Island, Vancouver. “Bloom”
– SSWRAS: April 2021 Online Exhibition. “Spring 2021 Art Show”
– FCA: March 2021 Federation Gallery, Granville Island, Vancouver. “Spotlight”